As many of you know, Zack returned home from Brazil on October 2, 2010, after coming to the realization that "anything worth doing is worth doing right." He had some things to take care of and knew that even though it would be one of the hardest things he had ever done, it was the right thing to do. He has been home for just over seven months and has grown immensely from this whole experience. He submitted a letter (following is a short excerpt from that letter) a few weeks ago requesting permission to once again serve as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
"...I have also come to understand more fully that doing right will always be right, regardless of the circumstances. I have served nearly 9 months as a missionary, but if I may quote President Thomas S. Monson, "I repeat what prophets have long taught—that every worthy, able young man should prepare to serve a mission. Missionary service is a priesthood duty—an obligation the Lord expects of us who have been given so very much." I have much more to give. Serving a full-time mission is not only a correct thing to do, but rather a duty, and an obligation. I have not fulfilled my obligations and my duty to God quite yet. Regardless of the circumstances and the difficulties, it is still the correct thing to do. I want and need to return to the service of the Lord, therefore, I am submitting my formal request to be reinstated as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on this day." -R. Zachary Excell
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment